Everybody knows that laughter feels good, but few realize that it can also be used as a powerful form of complementary medicine that can enhance the healing impact of other established modalities.
10 most prescribed drugs in the USA (new prescriptions and refills)
Cost: Medium to high.
Side-effects: Numerous, unpleasant.
How laughter can help
Cost: Nil to low.
Side-effects: Laughter is universally well tolerated, but caution is advised in patients with certain concerning health conditions. Read more.
|Synthroid (23,025,870). Treats hypothyroidism. Also treats an enlarged thyroid gland and thyroid cancer.|
|Crestor (22,868,588). Taken by adults and children older than 10 to prevent or treat heart disease, heart attacks and strokes.|
|Nexium (19,327,244). Commonly prescribed for acid reflux.||
|Ventolin HFA (17,503,208). Treats asthma, bronchitis, and similar breathing problems.|
|Advair Diskus (15,545,755). Used to prevent asthma attacks. It is also used to prevent flare-ups or worsening of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) associated with chronic bronchitis and/or emphysema.|
|Cymbalta (14,487,742). Treats depression, anxiety, diabetic peripheral neuropathy, fibromyalgia, or chronic muscle or bone pain.|
|Diovan (12,017,281). Treats high blood pressure and heart failure.|
|Vyvanse (9,914,366). Treats attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).||
|Lantus Solostar (9,858,068). Treats adults and children with type 1 diabetes mellitus and adults with type 2 diabetes mellitus to control high blood sugar.|
|Lyrica (9,578,165). Used off-label by many doctors as a pain relief medication.|
Ask your doctor for a laughter prescription!
We are advocates for a unique form of Laughter Therapy called Laughter Wellness: A complete – and fun! – system of methods that unlocks the many healing benefits of laughter and promotes physical wellness and overall wellbeing throughout people’s lifespan.
Here is an overview of the many benefits of laughter in general and Laughter Wellness in particular:
- Physical health: Laughter Wellness’ innovative approach unlocks laughter’s known ability to strengthen all immune functions, tone the cardiovascular system, exercise the lungs, decrease pain, diffuse stress, release muscle tension and much more. The results are less sick days, health insurance claims, litigations, absenteeism, presenteeism.
- Emotional health: Laughter Wellness’ key emphasis on “choosing to laugh” shifts perspectives, breaks the cycle of negativity and improves one’s mood. It helps to find stressful events less disturbing and easier to deal with. The results are more equanimity, mindfulness; Less stress, anxiety, depression.
- Mental health: Laughter Wellness exercises are designed to stimulate both hemispheres of the brain, encouraging clarity and better problem solving ability. The results are a big boost in positive attitude, more creativity, less inhibitions.
- Social health: Laughter Wellness exercises are designed to connect people, trigger positive feelings and foster an emotional connection, which in turn creates a positive bond with each other. This is team-bonding at its best!
- Spiritual health: Laughter Wellness exercises aim to develop compassion, altruism, joy, and fulfillment. This leads to more trust, self- confidence, peace of mind, better quality of life.
(Where To) Laugh With Others For Free Daily, Weekly, Monthly In Laughter Clubs
Community laughter clubs are loosely defined as fully independent and self-managed local gatherings of people who just want to laugh as a form of exercise, and choose to feel good about themselves and the world they live in with other like-minded individuals. Read more.
Relevant associated articles:
Experience and learn with leading experts
We are leading experts in therapeutic laughter with over a decade of hands-on experience teaching on 4 continents and offer keynotes, seminars, workshops and specialist trainings worldwide! Contact us for more information.
Leave A Comment