Laughter Works: A Theoretical Framework
This is a foundation training module, ideally suited for people who want to learn more about the science of laughter, its physical, emotional, mental, social, and spiritual benefits. Ideal for healthcare professionals seeking a better understanding of how laughter can help in medical settings, and for aspiring Laughter Professionals of any tradition who want to learn how to best explain the many benefits of laughter.
You will need about 3 hours to complete it in full, and twice as much or more if you choose to explore all the associated optional material.
In this training module you will:
- Gain knowledge and a new understanding about the multi-dimensional benefits of laughter in general, and of voluntary simulated laughter in particular.
- Learn about the current state of research and the effectiveness of laughter on body, mind and spirit.
- Learn to distinguish facts from fiction about the health impacts of laughter.
- Understand the importance of laughter as a form of low-impact cardiovascular exercise, and a powerful tool for stress management.
- Learn about the contraindications of laughter.
- Laugh for 20 minutes without jokes or comedy and validate the health impact of laughter for yourself.
- Lectures 28
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes