General Education For Laughter Professionals
- Maybe We’ve Been Thinking About Addiction All Wrong. The opposite of drug addiction is not sobriety, it’s connection, according to best-selling author Johann Hari.
- Laughter Yoga and Laughter Clubs are loosing speed (See Google trends https://goo.gl/eqlEXS), which is why it is important to give lots of public awareness seminars. Make yourself seen again! See the impact.
- The notes + supporting docs for all the presentations of 2015 All America Laughter Conference are available here.
- Get (happy) music recommendations: https://play.google.com/music/
- Group discussion: What I believe: Don’t fake anything, choose to laugh simply because you can. It’s not at all the same experience. Faking pushes away (our pain, stress…). Choosing embraces (on the other side of acceptance is compassion). At its core laughter therapy (as I practice it with http://laughterwellness.org ) is first and foremost about shifting attitudes and unlocking the energy of laughter (optimism, joy, love, connection, etc.). What do you believe?
- When somebody asks you "How are you?", how many times do we just say "I’m ok" or "I’m fine" – you can use this tool to be more specific.
- A Gentle Solo Laughter Wellness Workout
- You’ve heard how good mindfulness is for you, but did you know it helps you grow new brain cells, changes how your brain functions on a day-to-day level, and even resets your perception of pain?
- Who is your laughter buddy?
- Reducing stress in the workplace. This is an outstanding (albeit lengthy) document from my home town that I carry with me and refer to regularly. Try and locate a similar document for your area to tell your clients about. It adds punch to your presentation
In the news
- Laughter Wellness classes teach the health benefits of getting the giggles.
- Microsoft Computers Could Soon Make You Laugh. Redmond’s developing a feature to identify humorous content
- Bristol schoolchildren attempt to set world record for most acts of kindness in one day.
- Laughter Plays Role In Stress Relief Say Military Health Experts
Just for fun
- All America Laughter Winners Competition: 2015 Hall Of Fame
- Persian Gift Game: A New Improv, Storytelling Game
- Hip Hop Laugh at the 2015 Laughter Conference in Australia
- Shared by Kathi Riley: I do a weekly Sunday morning Laughter Yoga class in Pittsfield, MA, USA and just wanted to share how much fun the Bumper Cars exercise was when we chose our colored silk scarves to show what color cars we were driving!! Here’s the link if anyone else wants to join in!
- List of games that stimulate imagination.
- 7 New Exercises to Boost Happiness
- On Epigenetics and why laughing now on a regular basis could change the lives of your unborn children
- 19 Techniques to Empower Yourself to Live a More Productive, Happier Life (#19= Laugh often)
- Everything you think you know about happiness is wrong. Happiness is often seen as the ultimate goal. But perhaps it isn’t something to aim for at all.
- Tao philosophy reveals a “deeper meaning” to happiness that we may be missing, says author Derek Lin. "There’s nothing to stop us from making changes today that will result in a complete transformation [towards happiness]".
- Mindfulness has huge health potential – but McMindfulness is no panacea. "In essence, mindfulness – being about attention, awareness, relationality, and caring – is a universal human capacity akin to our capacity for language acquisition. It is a way of being in wise and purposeful relationship with one’s experience, both inwardly and outwardly, with oneself and with others".
- Happiness requires struggle, but nobody wants to think about it.
- The Surprising Power of Waiting. Why we’re not wired to wait for things and how awareness can put us back in control.
- Gratitude feels good and does you good too. Feeling grateful can help alleviate stress and enhance heart health.