General Education For Laughter Professionals
- The no-complaints challenge
- Two minute daily habits will make you happier immediately
- Break the Ice with Brief Encounters.
- Debriefing method: Rounds. The reviewer starts sentences which are finished by each person in turn.
- Alba Emoting.
- The Power of the Pygmalion Effect: Teachers Expectations Strongly Predict College Completion. (Equally interesting is this article.)
- How animals sound when they laugh.
- Hospital tactic to market themselves to seniors: Get them through the door and give them a pleasant experience.
- Conquering self-criticism with compassion
- 9 Comedy Rules To Follow For A Lasting Relationship, Because Love And Laughter Go Hand in Hand.
- What to do when your “it” hits the fan (Face it. Feel it. Don’t flinch. Embrace it.)
- 3 Simple Things That Will Make You 10% Happier.
- How to conquer fear, backed by research.
- Being able to enjoy happiness doesn’t require that we have zero suffering. In fact, the art of happiness is also the art of suffering well. 5 Practices For Nurturing Happiness, By Thich Nhat Hanh
- On the importance of being able to quit.
In the news
- Private school head takes on Pharrell Williams.
- How an asthma sufferer discovered that laughter really is the best medicine. Her website is http://www.cobwebbeshaker.co.uk
- Laughter Wellness in Greece.
- Hospitals and care centers make room for laughter programs.
- Laughter therapy could lead to reduced medication levels in aged care facilities.
- Laughing away the ‘Big C’ (cancer) blues.
- Studying when babies laugh might be a great way of gaining insight into how they understand the world.
Just for fun
- Stocking Face Tug A War.
- What are your favorite things to do with friends that are cheap, easy and instantly fun?
- This Phone Only Works If You Smile
- Poem: The dilemma
- All episodes of “Whose Line Is It Anyway”
- Poem: Worst Day Ever?
- Kids secretly control a fitness class.
- The Okeh Laughing Record was released in 1922 when the recording industry was still in its infancy. (It’s a basic trumpet tune interrupted by laughter) It was an immediate hit. It sold hundreds of thousands of copies and stayed in print for three decades.