I firmly believe that my attitude is the most precious asset I have. As such my mental dialogue is something I pay a lot of attention to. As such I love and value the practice of affirming what I want. Here are simple ways to reinvent your affirmations for success.
At first I followed Jack Canfield’s advice of “How to Turn Limp Affirmations Into Mantras for Success”, which is this:
- Enter the “now”: Start your affirmation by entering the present tense. Take the condition you desire and declare it to be already true.
- Be positive: Shine a light on what you do want, not what you don’t want. Our subconscious mind skips the word not, so delete this word from your affirmations. “I am not afraid of public speaking” gives us the message that you are afraid. Instead use, “I feel at ease as I speak in public.”
- Be concise: Shorter is better. Affirmations with fewer words are often easier to recall, especially in situations when you feel some stress. Rhyming makes your affirmations even more memorable. For example, “I am feeling alive at 185.”
- Include action: Whenever possible, affirm yourself as a person who takes action. For example: “I am gratefully driving my new Porsche along an open highway.” Action engages the Law of Attraction, creating new results in our lives and opening us to further inspiration.
- Include a feeling word: Powerful affirmations include content and emotion. Content describes the specific outcome that you desire. Emotion gets to the heart of how you feel about that outcome. For a more potent affirmation, add both elements.
But then I came across the work of Noah Saint John who suggests turning affirmations into questions, on the basis that the brain always seeks to answer questions, and I like it.
Here are some ideas to get started with this. This list is a work in progress so come back later for more!
- How do I manage to be so adequate as I am?
- How do I manage to carry peace and stillness in my heart so well as I go about my daily activities?
- How do I manage to do such glorious work even though it is in progress?
- How do I manage to listen to my inner voice so well every day and allow it to guide me?
- How is it that am divinely guided at all times?
- How is it that every day I am successful?
- How is it that every experience I have is perfect for my growth?
- How is it that fear is afraid of me?
- How is it that I always attract only the best of circumstances and the best positive people in my life?
- How is it that I always think and act my way to happiness and know that happy feelings attract happy circumstances?
- How is it that I am an open channel for creative ideas?
- How is it that I am self-reliant, creative and persistent in whatever I do?
- How is it that I am so capable?
- How is it that I am so clear on the fact that I am braver than I believe, stronger than I look, and
- smarter than I think?
- How is it that I am so clear on the fact that I am worthy of great things in life?
- How is it that I am so energetic and enthusiastic, and confidence is my second nature?
- How is it that I am so grateful for so much Divine love showering on me?
- How is it that I am so patient with myself and others?
- How is it that I am willing to let go of the life I have planned so as to have the life that is waiting for me?
- How is it that I can I have all the time that I need to do everything I want to do?
- How is it that I can I have everything that I need right in this moment?
- How is it that I can I have so many blessings?
- How is it that I can like myself so well, flaws and all?
- How is it that I easily find solutions to challenges and roadblocks and move past them quickly?
- How is it that I easily meet people and create positive and supportive relationships?
- How is it that I have the power to change my circumstances?
- How is it that I know that things always work out for the best?
- How is it that I know with such clarity that my point of power is now?
- How is it that I know with such clarity that there are good things to learn from bad situations?
- How is it that I know with such clarity that there is always a choice?
- How is it that I know with such clarity that there is joy and pleasure in the most simple things in life?
- How is it that I know with such clarity that things always get better?
- How is it that I love meeting strangers and approach them with boldness and enthusiasm?
- How is it that I make time to touch base with the present moment all throughout every day?
- How is it that I manage to have so much fun every day?
- How is it that I see the world with grateful eyes, and it fills my soul?
- How is it that I trust myself so well and know my inner wisdom is always my best guide?
- How is it that I will make the world a better place by shining my light today?
- How is it that there is nothing I can’t do if I just pause, meditate and connect to the energy and power inside and around me?
- How is it that financial success is a game that is so easy for me to play everyday and in every way?
- How is it that I align myself everyday more and more with the energy of unlimited abundance?
- How is it that I am so good at setting goals for myself and joyfully moving towards them?
- How is it that I am so much at peace with having a lot of money?
- How is it that I am so open and receptive to all the wealth life offers me?
- How is it that I am such a magnet for money?
- How is it that I am the wise master of my wealth?
- How is it that I can handle massive success with so much grace?
- How is it that I constantly attract exciting opportunities that create more money?
- How is it that I have eliminated all fears of failure from my mind and feel good about that?
- How is it that I inspire the people around me fill them with confidence, energy and trust?
- How is it that I know how to handle large sums of money well and with ease and I am very good at it?
- How is it that I know with such clarity that the world is always filled with so many opportunities?
- How is it that I my actions create constant prosperity?
- How is it that I my finances improve beyond my dreams?
- How is it that I see and feel my goals more clearly every day until they finally become reality?
- How is it that I so much love contributing to the Universal flow of abundance?
- How is it that I so wisely use money to better my life and the lives of others?
- How is it that I so worthy of making so much more money and know I deserve it?
- How is it that money is such a good friend for me and I am so grateful for it?
- How is it that money so easily and abundantly comes to me in expected and unexpected ways?
- How is it that my business associates and partners feel my positive, success-expecting attitude?
- How is it that my life is filled with so much love, joy, prosperity and abundance?
- How is it that my mind constantly fills itself with abundance thinking?
- How is it that my personal connection to the Universe is enough for me to create all the wealth I
- How is it that my positive attitude is a magnet that attracts so much financial success to me?
- How is it that my true will is to be and feel prosperous and successful, and the Universe hears it?
- How is it that prosperity is drawn to me as easily as bees are attracted to honey?
- How is it that prosperity, wealth and abundance flow to me easily and effortlessly?
Watch your Words, they become actions.
Watch your Actions, they become habits.
Watch your Habits, they become your character.
Watch your Character, it becomes your destiny.
- 120 Inspirational Quotes About Laughter
- 120 Inspiring Three Word Quotes
- 120 Two Word Quotes: Simply Awesome, Perfectly Fabulous!