Laughter Works: A Theoretical Framework
This training module will help you gain a deeper understanding of the many benefits that laughter has to offer. You will learn key concepts and words to help you explain them. It is however a lot of data and can be overwhelming.
- Skim through the following pages just to have an idea of what’s in them. You don’t need to read everything.
- Move on quickly to the next training module “Laughter alone: Simple ways to feel better, now” as that one is all about practice.
- Come back here when you have more personal practical experience. Practicing first will help you better understand the benefits you are experiencing in your own life.
Being a laughter professional implies a fair amount of talking. You will be asked regularly to explain what you do and why people should care about laughter and your services. For this reason do not passively read this course. Study it one bit at a time then teach that bit to others. How much you understand and how well you are able to present it will define who you can work with and how much you get paid. This is because for the most part the people who are likely to hire you will rarely attend your programs in-person. If they don’t understand what’s in it for them, then they either won’t hire you, or will see you however they want to see you (often as a cheap entertainer). There is nothing wrong with that, and why not have the ambition to move up in the food chain?
- Take time to familiarize yourself more closely with the material shared in the following pages.
- See everything presented here as a spice rack. You won’t always need everything you’ll read and can live without it, but used in the right environment each point discussed can make a marked difference.
- If you are serious about your professional ambition in the world of laugh I strongly encourage you to sign up for any of our full training memberships (the higher, the better.) It’s a small price to pay to get access to professional tips, tricks and valuable insights, an invaluable support system, and a 1-1 mentorship with a trained expert.
My goal here is not to persuade you of anything, but rather to make you conscious of what is available to you. As Zig Ziglar once said, “No man is clever enough to remember everything he knows.” There is always value in being reminded of what’s important.
One last thing: Everything in this course is copyrighted. Please respect our work and do not freely duplicate. If you want to embed part of what you find here in your own resources – whatever the language – kindly ask us for permission first.
You are about to embark on a journey that is possibly unlike anything you have experienced before. I feel honored and excited to share what I know with you. May this knowledge help you have fun making a difference.
You will need about 3 hours to complete it in full, and twice as much or more if you choose to explore all the associated optional material.
In this training module you will:
- Gain knowledge and a new understanding about the multi-dimensional benefits of laughter in general, and of voluntary simulated laughter in particular.
- Learn about the current state of research and the effectiveness of laughter on body, mind and spirit.
- Learn to distinguish facts from fiction about the health impacts of laughter.
- Understand the importance of laughter as a form of low-impact cardiovascular exercise, and a powerful tool for stress management.
- Learn about the contraindications of laughter.
- Laugh for 20 minutes without jokes or comedy and validate the health impact of laughter for yourself.
- Lectures 28
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 3 hours
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes
Mental, social, spiritual benefits