Many cancer survivors claim to have greatly benefited from laughter as a complementary option to the other established therapeutic strategy they chose to pursue.
Here are possible reasons why:
- Why laughter scares depression, anxiety, boosts moodstates.
- Why laughter is good for the immune system, opens inner cellular pharmacy.
- Why laughter is good for the cardiovascular system, heart health.
- Why laughter is good for the respiratory system, opens lungs, ventilates spirit.
- Why laughter is good for the nervous system, relieves pain.
- Why more laughter = less stress = better health and more energy.
- Why laughter is good for mental health, breaks cycle of psychological negativity.
- On physical fitness through laughter: jogs internal organs, makes working out fun.
- It provides a laughter delivery system that does not require medical clowns, joke books, funny videos or a sense of humor. No outer stimuli are necessary. Laughter is used as an elective form of exercise: You choose to laugh, simply because you can. The motivation is to simulate laughter to stimulate and unlock its many health benefits.
- It provides a non-intellectual path to laughter. While humor is wonderful and powerful, because it requires intellectual stimuli it’s a hard path to follow when one is in emotional turmoil and becomes depressed. Methods such as Laughter Wellness on the other hand can easily be done regardless of mood.
Take your interest further!
Discover Laughter Wellness, a complete system of methods (lifestyle medicine) that promotes physical, mental, emotional and social health and wellbeing through laughter and associated empowering techniques. Laughter Wellness is designed to lessen the illness impact and help normalize people’s lives.
About the author: Sebastien Gendry is the founder and CEO of the Laughter Online University as well as The Laughter Consultants, Inc., a business dedicated to helping those organizations who wish to boost moral and productivity, or reduce stress and costs. A leading global expert on Laughter Therapy, he helps individuals and businesses introduce and/or re-establish the energy of laughter in their lives and work for better health, wellbeing and peak performance. Sebastien has over 10 years of full-time experience in his field working with 1000s on four continents.